Arctic Blog

Daily updates on what the fork I'm up to and also the news I see fit to report.

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

change of purpose

I know I have no readers, but it still comforts me to post proper updates. I originally meant this to be a blog that was equally about cooking and politics, what I hoped might be a slightly unusual combination. I then later one started posting my day to day experiences. I think I am going to revise my purpose once again. I am not likely to continue in culinary school. I am now trying to get into grad school for East Asian Studies, and I am relying on getting a high GRE score. It may be my only bargaining chip, since my GPA was so low in my undergrad. I am also going to write a related paper to try to help myself. I am so indecisive, but I make every worthwhile decision spontaneously. If I get a Masters in East Asian Studies, perhaps I can still go to Japan. That is my true wish. It has just taken me three years to realise it.

2 Comments:

Blogger Reba said...

As a non-traditional student, they look less at your college GPA and more at the essay. The essay can make or break your acceptance, so if you know someone in the academy who can review it and help you with tweaks, take the assistance. Oh, and good luck on the GRE.

10:51 AM  
Blogger Rancidoilman said...

Finish what ya start ya damn hippee. Food, when used to bribe/poison the people keeping you from grad school is a good thing.

10:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home