Arctic Blog

Daily updates on what the fork I'm up to and also the news I see fit to report.

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

random comment because I can

I am going to lose one rank in "power slacking" for posting something for no reason. I figure I may as well post a poem I wrote...

Autumn

I love autumn as my favorite season
some see death in it, as the leaves fall from trees
and as the summer plants wither
not I,
I see autumn like the evening
the last few hours before sleep
after a day of work when one is tired
and lingers languishly with their own weariness
one looks forward to the refreshing sleep ahead
it is not a time of death, only
of waiting, of anticipating
the rest, and renewal, which lies ahead.

2 Comments:

Blogger Rancidoilman said...

Unless of course, in Autumn, rampant disease kills off all life, a meteor crashes into the world, smashing it to bits, and as a result causing all the nuclear weapons to go off at the same time, vaporizing everything. And then the Flying Spaghetti Monster sucks up all the remnents. Then you would be wrong and Autumn is a horrible wicked time full of much death and destruction. Thanks for bringing this upon us man. You suck!

2:17 PM  
Blogger Silvertail said...

Stop being so realistic!

7:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home